Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Advent Devotion



"The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear" Psalm 27:1



“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?”  It is easy to pass over these words as if they were nothing special.  But here God gives us a prayer and a song that gives our heart true courage and strength. 

In these gray and latter days there is plenty to fear.  Our families have been ravaged by conflict and despair.  Our friendships and marriages are always in need of repair.  There is little hope in the nighttime news as wars rage on – even against children in the womb.          

In many ways we live in utter darkness.  The Christian church is still oppressed with sorrow and misgiving.  All our undertakings are filled with trouble and heart breaks.  We pray to God, “Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud; be gracious to me and answer me!” 

Dear Christian, take heart and stand strong.  Jesus is coming.  He is the light shining in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it.  He does answer your prayers.  In Him there is nothing to fear.  Wait for the Lord. For soon, the busy world will be hushed and your work will be done.      

So also you have sorrow now, but your Lord is coming to meet you.  He loves you and when you see Him your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.  In that day you will ask nothing of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.